Part 6: Caribbean 3
Get a copy of "The
Covenant with Black
America" and the newly published - "Strengthening
the Family" &
"Covenant in Action."
Read it, and select one area to work on that will bring about positive changes in
your own life; then work on the lives of your children & family.
Do not allow those who focus on the negative to hold you back. Be an accountable, responsible person. Accountable people make things happen. Do not follow the crowd!
Think through your actions!
Be involved in what your children are doing.
Help to find solutions to the problems in your life and in your community.
See beyond your own life and time
Help to change the present so that the future can be better.
Do Not Give Up! (although it is sometimes VERY tempting to do so)
Develop a plan of action and Work That Plan.
Take small steps towards achieving your goals
If at first you don't succeed -- Try, try and try again!
- You will be pleasantly surprised at what you can accomplish if you do not listen to the nay sayers.
- If you do not waste time on those who try to negatively engage you.
1. “For over three hundred years the white man has been our oppressor, and he naturally is not going to liberate us to the higher freedom—the truer liberty—the truer Democracy. We have to liberate ourselves” - Marcus Garvey
2. “The most potent weapon in the hands of the oppressor is the mind of the oppressed.”
- Stephen Bantu (Steve) Biko South African Martyr
3. “The foundation of every state is the education of its youth.” Diogenes
4. “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” - Nelson Mandela South African Leader
5. “Stand on your own two black feet and fight like hell for your place in the world.” – Amy Jacques Garvey
6."The Black skin is not a badge of shame, but rather a glorious symbol of national greatness"
– Marcus Garvey
7. "The proportion of illiterates among the whites is twice as high in the former slave-holding areas. It is not only the Negroes who show traces of slavery! Shame on America for the plight of the Negroes!" Lenin, Russians & Negroes, Feb. 1913, CW, Vol. 18, p.543
8. "There is only one good - it is knowledge.
And one evil - ignorance."-Socrates
9. "Plants are shaped by cultivation and men (people) by education. Everything we do not have at birth, and which we need when we are grown, is given to us by education." - Rousseau
10. "Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration." - Thomas Edison